At ARS, we also believe that we are able to reduce the stress associated with infertility by evaluating a couple when they are concerned that there may be a problem, regardless of the time interval over which fertility has been attempted. It is also an excellent option for women that would like to determine how to optimize fertility for the future.
Any fertility specialist should investigate four primary areas that impact fertility. These four areas are:
- Ovulation: The regular, efficient release of the egg.
- Anatomic: It is essential to make sure that the egg will be able to meet the sperm within the fallopian tube to foster fertilization.
- Ovarian Reserve: The amount of eggs present in the ovaries.
- Male factor: A semen analysis performed with a 2-5 day abstinence interval will enable the physician to determine whether we would need to go any further on the male side.
At ARS, we follow a thorough process of fertility evaluation to decide if IVF is a suitable method for our patients to conceive. This process includes:
- Pre-IVF Evaluation: Once a couple chooses to pursue IVF, we perform what is called a mock embryo transfer and uterine cavity evaluation.
- Ovarian Stimulation: Stimulation for egg retrieval usually takes between 8 and 12 days. In this interval of time most will require approximately 3-4 ultrasounds that are designed to measure the follicles.
- Egg Oocyte Retrieval: The egg retrieval is timed based on the hCG injection as mentioned above. It takes approximately 10 minutes and is performed under heavy sedation.
- Embryo Transfer: Embryo transfer is performed 5 days after oocyte retrieval.
An Embryo Quality Assessment will also help determine the best way for a couple to start their family. The most likely cause of a failed IVF cycle relates to embryo quality. This is dictated partly by the stimulation cycle itself but by far is related to the underlying diagnosis and age of the patient.
- United Healthcare
- BlueCross BlueSheild
You can read more about our financing options here.
Prosper Healthcare Lending is the premier financing company in the fertility and surrogacy industry. With over 1,500 fertility patients empowered by over $21,000,000 in funded loans, this is a name and financing program you can trust.